The monster under the bed for every writer...typos

Monday, April 11, 2011

You know it's there, well, you worry it's there...lurking. But every time you look for it you can't see it. And the mystery remains even after you've had several editors look for you because everyone sees something different every time they look. And because of that, there's still a chance the beast is hiding in the shadows of your fictional dreams...until a reader finally sees it. That's when you know the nightmarish concern is real. Darn it.


I just got my first sale in the UK over the weekend, and I'm excited to have my first book finally published. Even so, I'm a little scared too. Behind the excitement and pride lurks that typo monster in the back of my mind. Of course I already found a tiny one my 5 editors missed even though they did an amazing job.