YA Indie Carnival ~ On The Rise ~ Why do you love YA Fantasy?

Friday, November 18, 2011

Of course I have my own ideas as to why this genre is growing like mad. I feel YA Fantasy gives us a mental break from daily life. I feel it crosses over well because there seems to be a gap in the market for clean, or mostly clean romance. I know not all YA is clean, but it does tend to be cleaner than most adult. I think the popular YA movies are part of this too, it seems like people want movies they can take the whole family to, and maybe it's the same way with books? Anyway, that's just my opinion, but I'm curious about what your reasons are for reading YA fantasy/romance. So post a comment and tell me!!! Especially if you're not technically a young adult any longer, like me. :D

Why do you love YA Fantasy so much?
Is it because you're still young at heart?
Or is it because you feel YA tends to be cleaner with just enough romance to satisfy the sappy side of you?
Or is it for a completely different reason all together?
Tell me! Tell me! ;D

Don't forget the Gratitude Giveaway Hop in the post below...Win Danielle's pearl necklace as mentioned in Fateful.

Until next time, my friends! But before you leave, check out my other amazing YA Carnival friends:
1. Laura A. H. Elliott author of Winnemucca & 13 on Halloween, Book 1 in the Teen Halloween Series
2. Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3. Heather Self
4. T. R. Graves, Author of The Warrior Series
5. Suzy Turner, author of The Raven Saga
6. Darby Karchut, author of GRIFFIN RISING
7. Lexus Luke
8. PJ Hoover, Author of SOLSTICE, Blogging at ROOTS IN MYTH
9. Cheri Schmidt, author of the Fateful Trilogy
10. Rachel Coles, author of Into The Ruins, geek mom blog
11. K. C. Blake, author of Vampires Rule and Crushed
12. Patti Larsen, The Hunted series and The Hayle Coven series
13. Courtney Cole, author of The Bloodstone Saga
14. Amy Maurer Jones, Author of The Soul Quest Trilogy
15. Dani Snell's Refracted Light Reviews
16. Fisher Amelie, author of The Understorey
17. M. Leighton, Blood Like Poison Series, Madly, The Reaping
18. Abbi Glines, author of Breathe and The Vincent Boys
19. Kimberly Kinrade, Bits of You & Pieces of Me, Forbidden Mind
20. Madeline Smoot, Missing, Summer Shorts, and The Girls
21. Cidney Swanson, author of Rippler
22. Nicole Williams, author of Eternal Eden, Falling Eden
23. Gwenn Wright, author of Filter
Patti Larsen said...

I grew up reading fantasy--my dad was an avid fan and didn't believe we should read children's books (read me LOTR when I was six!)so I've always loved it--but there is a call to YA that is undeniable!